Live In CarePeace of mind, independence and choice
We know how important it is for a person to continue living in the familiar surroundings of their own home, retaining their independence for as long as possible. Getting older and frailer can take its toll and become more challenging.
Having a live in carer will provide a client with support, companionship and the personal care required to continue living at home. Our carers respect a client’s dignity, privacy and independence. They ensure that clients retain control over every day routines and are encouraged and helped to do as much for themselves as possible for as long as they wish.
How Live In Care can help
Featherbed Live In Carers offer support, companionship and friendship, helping with:
- Shopping and errands
- Household tasks such as light housework and laundry
- Cooking and meal preparation
- Social activities, trips and visits
- Family pets
They can also assist with personal care including:
- Diet management
- Bathing, shaving, oral care and toileting
- Mobility, including moving and transfers
It is important to emphasise that a carer is not a cleaner and, where necessary, the agency suggests that a part time cleaning person is employed separately.
We are able to provide short term live in respite carers at any time to help with:
- Giving a relative or carer a break or holiday.
- Helping someone returning from hospital after an operation or treatment.
- Emergency cover when a family crisis arises or a regular carer is unavailable.
- Providing a carer or companion to accompany a person on holiday or a short break.
- Providing care for clients with dementia or chronic illness.
- Providing care for someone who is taken ill and needing support.
A specialist carer will provide a service tailored to an individual’s needs, allowing elderly or vulnerable people to continue living an independent life, whilst ensuring their personal and medical needs are met.
Staying in their own home with a live in carer will offer the reassurance and consistency that is so important to those requiring specialist care, helping them to feel secure and supported.
We have wonderful live in carers who are either qualified in mental health or highly trained and experienced in Dementia and Alzheimer’s, as well as a team of dedicated and compassionate Palliative carers, many of them with nursing backgrounds.
People say the nicest things...
We pride ourselves on the fact that the majority of our clients come to Featherbed through the recommendation of other clients or their families.
Contact Featherbed Homecare today
For helpful, friendly advice or emergency care assistance
Call freephone 0800 111 4885
Bristol office 01179 860710
Poole office 01202 706313
Local contact numbers:
Stroud / Gloucestershire
Wells / Mendips
Chew Valley / Whitchurch
Weston-super-Mare / Somerset
Midsomer Norton / Radstock