Jobs for CarersBecome a Carer with Featherbed Homecare
Are you …
…and committed to providing the highest standards of care?
If you can say ‘yes’ then this is the Agency for you.
Become a Carer
Over the last 30 years the Featherbed Homecare Agency has built a reputation based on providing clients with the best possible care.
We are able to offer you placements based on your experience. Assignments will typically last for 1-2 weeks and you would be required to live in with the client on a 24 hour basis. Before the commencement of any assignment we visit the client and make sure that suitable accommodation is provided for the carer.
Time off duty is usually a few hours during the afternoon but this will depend on the clients needs. Most clients do not require help during the night, however extra payments can be expected if you are called on.
You will have the freedom of choosing when and where you work.
We are able to offer enjoyable and rewarding placements with clients, most of which are based in and around the South West, for example, in Bristol, Bath, Dorset, Hampshire, Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire.
Depending on the client’s needs your duties would include:
- Some personal care, companionship, cooking meals, light housework, shopping, laundry.
- Some clients may require more personal care such as helping with bathing, medication, continence care, toileting and dressing; these assignments would only be given to carers who are experienced and capable.
- You will be paid £85 per day or more, depending on the placement and level of care required by the client.
- You will be classed as self-employed and you will need to register with the Inland Revenue.
- Your travel costs are paid by the client.
- The Agency will provide support whenever required.
Apply for further information today
Call freephone 0800 111 4885
Poole office 01202 706313
Bristol office 01179 860710